Proving Gig Speed

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Thu Jul 19 22:13:09 UTC 2018

--- mark.tinka at seacom.mu wrote:
From: Mark Tinka <mark.tinka at seacom.mu>
On 19/Jul/18 22:43, Scott Weeks wrote:

> I know we're talking about Africa and other less well
> connected countries, but good luck with that in the
> Pacific, which covers about 1/3 of the planet.
>
> https://oceanexplorer.noaa.gov/facts/pacific-size.html

Yeah, things and people tend to work better if hosted
on land...

I believe I'm on land here... ;)  And there're a lot of
islands with lots of people out here.  1/3 of the planet
and all. :)

What I meant to say is a lot of folks get connectivity
through satellite.  500msec plus and jitter to spare.

Further it's expensive and all the 'busy' sites cost a
lot of money to download the stuff folks on this list
don't blink an eye at and you can't turn it off.  I
believe satellite coverage serves a lot of the planet's
population.

scott