Proving Gig Speed

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Thu Jul 19 20:43:51 UTC 2018

--- mark.tinka at seacom.mu wrote:
From: Mark Tinka <mark.tinka at seacom.mu>
On 18/Jul/18 16:58, K. Scott Helms wrote:

> ... What's really interesting is how gaming is changing
> and within the next few years I do expect a lot of games
> to move into the remote rendering world.  You need to
> have <=30 ms of latency to sustain 1080p gaming and
> obviously jitter and packet loss are also problematic.
> The traffic is also pretty impressive with spikes of
> over 50 mbps down and sustained averages over 21 mbps.

And what we need is for them to ensure all these remote
rendering farms are evenly distributed around the world
to ensure that 30ms peak latency is achievable.

I know we're talking about Africa and other less well
connected countries, but good luck with that in the
Pacific, which covers about 1/3 of the planet.

https://oceanexplorer.noaa.gov/facts/pacific-size.html

scott