Centurylink/Level3 Plans

Brielle Bruns bruns at 2mbit.com
Thu Jul 19 18:36:04 UTC 2018

On 7/19/2018 12:19 PM, Joseph Jenkins wrote:
> So the reps/SEs/Techs that I have spoken with are saying they are going to
> keep them separate. In my case I am tw customer and was worried about their
> network when L3 took them over. I was even more worried when Centurylink
> then took over L3 that I was going to lose one of the networks. However I
> gotten assurances from everyone there that they are going to maintain all 3
> networks as separate for the foreseeable future.

They were also forced to divest some of their L3 assets in various
places - like here in Boise where they sold the L3 part to Syringa Networks.

We've got fiber and BGP from CL in Boise, and our paths still seem to
only take CL transit and don't happen to hit L3 unless its a specific
customer on L3.

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org