Quickstart Guide to IRR/RPSL

Kenneth Finnegan kennethfinnegan2007 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 04:38:23 UTC 2018

Greetings,

As part of setting up a new Internet Exchange in Fremont, California,
we've been investigating prefix filtering on the route servers based
on IRR.

Unfortunately, we were not satisfied with any of the existing
documentation available online as far as taking a network engineer
from "zero" to "just enough IRR to post our prefixes for filtering".
Lacking this documentation, it was rather unreasonable for us to turn
on filtering and drop most of our peer's prefixes without a relevant
whitepaper to point them to to get started.

So, we wrote our own guide:
http://fcix.net/whitepaper/2018/07/14/intro-to-irr-rpsl.html

I thought others on this list would find our whitepaper interesting,
and/or have valuable feedback based on their experience applying IRR
themselves.

--
Kenneth Finnegan
Technical Director