Proving Gig Speed

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu Jul 19 05:06:00 UTC 2018

On 18/Jul/18 17:00, Mike Hammett wrote:

> The game companies (and render farms) also need to work on as extensive peering as the top CDNs have been doing. They're getting better, but not quite there yet.

I'm not sure about North America, Asia-Pac or South America, but in
Europe, the gaming folk actually peer very well.

The problem for us is that is anymore from 112ms - 170ms away, depending
on which side of the continent you are.

And while we peer extensively with them via our network in Europe, that
latency will simply not go away. They need to come into market and
satisfy their demand.

Mark.