Proving Gig Speed

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 17:45:58 UTC 2018

On 17 July 2018 at 12:50, Mark Tinka <mark.tinka at seacom.mu> wrote:
> But to answer your questions - for some customers, we insist on JDSU
> testing for large capacities, but only if it's worth the effort.
>
> Mark.

Hi Mark,

Our field engineers have 1G testers, but even at 1G they are costly
(in 2018!), so none have 10Gbps or higher testers and we also only do
this for those that demand it (i.e. no 20Mbps EFM customer ever asks
for a JSDU/EXO test, because iPerf can easily max out such a link,
only those that pay for say 1G over 1G get it). Hardware testers are
the best in my opinion right now but it annoys me that this is the
current state of affairs, in 2018, even for 1Gbps!

Cheers,
James.