Proving Gig Speed

Mike Hammett nanog at ics-il.net
Tue Jul 17 16:18:05 UTC 2018

I don't think you understand the gravity of the in-home interference issue. Unfortunately, neither does the IEEE.

It doesn't need to be in lock-step, but if a significant number of homes have issues getting over 100 megabit wirelessly, I'm not sure we need to be concerned about 10 gigabit to the home.

I am well aware of the wireless world and Ubiquiti. I've been using Ubiquiti (among other brands) for over 10 years and have been a hardware beta tester for several of them.

The 640 kb of RAM statements, computers in home statements, 56 kbps days statements... are all tangential at best.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com