(perhaps off topic, but) Microwave Towers

Miles Fidelman mfidelman at meetinghouse.net
Sat Jul 14 23:40:13 UTC 2018

Too far North.  BSNF territory.
-------- Original message --------From: Brian Kantor <Brian at ampr.org> Date: 7/14/18  9:19 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: North American Network Operators' Group <nanog at nanog.org> Subject: Re: (perhaps off topic, but) Microwave Towers
> > I find myself driving down Route 66.  On our way through Arizona, I was surprised by what look like a lot of old-style microwave links.  They pretty much follow the East-West rail line - where I'd expect there's a lot of fiber buried.

Could they be a legacy of the Southern Pacific Railroad Internal Network Telecommunications,
now known under the acronym SPRINT?
	- Brian