(perhaps off topic, but) Microwave Towers

Andy Ringsmuth Andy at newslink.com
Sat Jul 14 15:41:22 UTC 2018

> On Jul 14, 2018, at 10:19 AM, Brian Kantor <Brian at ampr.org> wrote:
>
>>> I find myself driving down Route 66.  On our way through Arizona, I was surprised by what look like a lot of old-style microwave links.  They pretty much follow the East-West rail line - where I'd expect there's a lot of fiber buried.
>
> Could they be a legacy of the Southern Pacific Railroad Internal Network Telecommunications,
> now known under the acronym SPRINT?
> 	- Brian

Not along Route 66 in Arizona. That generally parallels BNSF Railway, formerly the Santa Fe down there. Southern Pacific followed Interstate 10 much further south.

----
Andy Ringsmuth
andy at newslink.com
News Link – Manager Technology, Travel & Facilities
2201 Winthrop Rd., Lincoln, NE 68502-4158
(402) 475-6397    (402) 304-0083 cellular