AS3266: BitCanal hijack factory, courtesy of many connectivity providers

Fredrik Korsbäck hugge at nordu.net
Mon Jul 9 15:24:26 UTC 2018

On 2018-07-06 21:18, Tom Paseka via NANOG wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been casually observing the connectivity to Bitcanal / AS3266 /
> AS197426 since the thread started.
>
> After GTT shared that bitcanal had been disconnected, bitcanal was only
> visible behind Cogent. But the Cogent path now also seems to have been
> disconnected. After Cogent they popped up behind BICS (but just for a few
> days), that circuit seems to have been disconnected too.
>
> On the IX front: I noticed that Bitcanal's IP addresses on LINX (since
> yesterday) and FranceIX (since today) are no longer responding.
>
> It is good to see that discussing BGP hijacking abuse complaints actually
> results in clean up activities. I hope the remaining IX's they're still
> connected to can act too.
>
> Thanks!
> -Tom

And it also seems that they are now no longer reachable over the AMS-IX fabric (and is no longer listed as a member).

I also noticed that hey are not reachable over the Megaport/ECIX fabric in Frankfurt either (no arp or ping-reply) but
is listed as member on the megaport website, so not sure whats going on there.

The only routes i can see now for 3266/197426 is two /24 v4 and one /29 v6 that jumps on over to portugal through 1299
(telia) -> 174 (cogent) -> 29003 (refertelecom / iptelecom).

--
hugge