[c-nsp] Leaked Video or Not (Linux and Cisco for internal Sales folks)

Marcus Leske marcusleskex at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 14:57:49 UTC 2018

open APIs tops that funny abuse list IMHO :
https://github.com/OAI/OpenAPI-Specification/issues/568

can we change the topic of the thread to an informative one, instead
of a leaked video or not, to why exactly do network engineers are
often confused by the abusive marketing all over the place of what is
open and what is not and other computing terms.

I guess this is happening in networking more often than other domains
because networking people didnt get a chance in their career to learn
about the world of computing, their heads were somewhere else,
learning about  complex networking protocols and not the common
computing interfaces, the open source world, existing  frameworks and
paradigms, this video helps a bit on how did this happen:
https://vimeo.com/262190505https://vimeo.com/262190505

has anyone here seen list of topics that network engineers usually
miss on their journey ?  i know they never get exposed to software
development and engineering in general, databases, web technologies,
operating system fundamentals.

opinions ?

danke,
markus