Blockchain and Networking

Brock Tice brock at bmwl.co
Tue Jan 23 13:39:29 UTC 2018

On 1/23/2018 6:17 AM, Jimmy Hess wrote:
> The potential is there to go a step beyond replacing RPKI,   as a blockchain
> could be the AS number authority itself,  thus eliminating the need to
> have any centralized organizations for  tracking and managing
> number resource assignments.
I am a long-time follower and fan of Bitcoin and I have a lot of
skepticism of most of the ideas for using blockchain tech for other
things. They seem like ill-thought-out solutions in search of a problem.

HOWEVER, various Internet/number authorities are sometimes a big point
of contention, subject to government pressure, etc, and this is one case
where I can see a trustless, distributed blockchain architecture
actually improving things.

I think your email (not just the quoted part) was a good insight on the
subject.

--Brock