Anyone using Cogent Ethernet

Martin List-Petersen martin at airwire.ie
Tue Jan 23 02:07:41 UTC 2018

On 22/01/18 20:05, Mike Hammett wrote:
> I much prefer using WDM transport as opposed to Ethernet\VPLS transport due to it being significantly harder (I try not to say impossible) to oversubscribe. That said, it isn't always available at a decent rate at a given location.
>
> Cogent has a reputation (right or wrong) for running things a little hot.
>
> Have any of you used Cogent Ethernet\VPLS services? What are you experiences? Offlist is fine if you don't want it public.

Never use them without a backup alternative. I've seen more outages,
that one would want to ever see from a provider, that would like to be
categorised as Tier1.

Especially, when some of these are longer than expected, because there
were no cold-spares in the country and the cold-spare needed missed the
flight.

/M
--
Airwire Ltd. - Ag Nascadh Pobail an Iarthair
http://www.airwire.ie