MTU to CDN's

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Fri Jan 19 14:13:02 UTC 2018

> On Jan 19, 2018, at 9:07 AM, Mike Hammett <nanog at ics-il.net> wrote:
>
> Wouldn't those situations be causing issues now, given the likelihood that someone with a less than 1,500 byte MTU is communicating with you now?

Tends to be more localized and less visible in many cases.

I’m aware of at least one regional network that has duplicate packet issues going on and they’ve yet to understand the root cause.  This can have performance impacts that are not always understood.

Things get harder to diagnose when there’s multiple paths, etc.. involved.  Many folks these days just fail away from a seemingly problematic link quickly and don’t always identify the root cause.

- jared