Open Souce Network Operating Systems

Eron Lloyd eron at mawcom.com
Fri Jan 19 03:25:56 UTC 2018

I would start with following the Free Range Routing project, and related but independent (and more tangible) projects like pfSense (esp. the upcoming 3.0 release) and Cumulus Linux. Going deeper, perhaps Carrier Grade Linux, DPDK, and ONOS (all Linux Foundation projects). I think scaling vertically from CPEs to core stack is a stretch, especially if you mean a DIY approach, however.