MTU to CDN's

George Michaelson ggm at algebras.org
Thu Jan 18 22:53:36 UTC 2018

if I was an ISP (Im not) and a CDN came and said "we want to be inside
you" (ewww) why wouldn't I say "sure: lets jumbo"

not even "asking for a friend" I genuinely don't understand why a CDN
who colocates and is not using public exchange, but is inside your
transit boundary (which I am told is actually a bit thing now) would
not drive to the packet size which works in your switching gear.

I understand that CDN/DC praxis now drives to cheap dumb switches, but
even dumb switches like bigger packets dont they? less forwarding
decision cost, for more throughput?