DSL CPE

Colton Conor colton.conor at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 03:51:00 UTC 2018

Mike,

You want to look at what Broadcom chipsets are in this DSL CPEs. Broadcom
is the king and leader in the DSL space.

We used the Comtrend 3120 as it has one of the latest Broadcom chipsets on
the market. I know you love to check FCC ID's so this should be helpful for
you: https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Broadcom#xDSL

The Comtrend 3120 uses the BCM63138. Dual core 1Ghz. It makes a difference
even if the mode is in pure bridge mode. There aren't many bonded modems
that don't have wifi built in as the chipset includes wifi.