Cisco switch recommendations

Blake Hudson blake at ispn.net
Thu Jan 11 16:25:04 UTC 2018

The 38xx, 37xx, 36xx, 35xx, etc line have generally not been wirespeed
on all ports and have had smaller buffers. For applications where we
wanted to guarantee wirespeed I've generally stuck to the 4948 lineup or
a switch based on the 4500 family. Any reason you don't mention the
4948E(-F)
<https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-4948e-ethernet-switch/data_sheet_c78-598933.html>
(4x 10gig ports) or 4500-X (all ports 10gig) as these are Cisco's
replacement for the model you currently have in use and have been happy
with?