Blockchain and Networking

Filip Hruska fhr at fhrnet.eu
Wed Jan 10 22:54:14 UTC 2018

Application Specific Integrated Circuit. It's even in the name!

You can't just run normal software on ASICs. It's not a computer.
They're literally hard-wired to do one thing - and do it well.
Switch ASICs, for example, are good for switching network packets
around. Though (I would assume) they
can't do any kind of hashing, much less Bitcoin-specific stuff.

Trying to mine Bitcoin on switch ASICs would be like trying to transfer
water through a 2.4GHz WiFi connection - both are absolutely
preposterous ideas.

Regards

--
Filip Hruska