DSL CPE

Bryon Adams bryonadams at fastmail.com
Tue Jan 9 14:17:16 UTC 2018

We're using Visionnet m505+. They seem to do well enough for our users. Our DSL footprint more rural than not and a few have needed range extenders for larger houses as these only have N wireless. I can get pretty much any stats I need from them by logging in and poking around the statistics pages except for how often the modem is resynchronizing with our Calix. I can get that stat from the Calix shelf though or make a rough guess based on an internal tool we made. I have no complaints with the modem.

If you get a lot of calls from people with security cameras that use internal/external IPs and port forwarding you may have some trouble, I haven't been able to figure out how to make it do a hairpin gracefully.