DSL CPE

Mike Hammett nanog at ics-il.net
Tue Jan 9 13:50:37 UTC 2018

After a few off-list responses (and a couple on) encouraging me to use NANOG, here we go...

I've recently walked in to a voice\DSL CLEC that has basically been left to entropy for the last ten years. A lot of the core systems just work, but a lot of things aren't exactly managed the best. They run a Calix\Occam ADSL2+\VDSL infrastructure. For those of you doing DSL, what CPE are you using? I'm looking at one that's just a basic modem where I have a more sophisticated router (or ATA\voice gateway) behind it and then one more generic for residential settings with WiFi and all that jazz. We're kinda debating whether we go just dumb Wi-Fi or something more advanced\powerful. I've heard a lot of good about the Calix GigaFamily in that regard.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com