Blockchain and Networking

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Tue Jan 9 03:19:24 UTC 2018

In article <0c45eee2-ffcb-2066-1456-eb2d38075007 at alter3d.ca>,
Peter Kristolaitis  <alter3d at alter3d.ca> wrote:
>We can build all of the above in other ways today, of course.  But
>there's certainly something to be said for a vendor-supported solution
>that is inherent in the platform and requires no additional
>infrastructure. ...

No additional infrastructure?  Blockchains need multiple devices that
are online and have enough storage to keep a full copy of the chain.

They make sense in an environment with multiple sophisticated parties
that sort of but not entirely trust each other, but there aren't as
many of those as you might think.

--
Regards,