Blockchain and Networking

Jörg Kost jk at ip-clear.de
Mon Jan 8 09:41:11 UTC 2018

Hi,

its not only about PKI. There are some currencies in the wild right now,
that are more scalable than bitcoin and are made for the "ddos" world of
IoT.

For example a possible BGP extension could use smart contracts to form
and confirm peering and also handle the direct payment process to the
upstreams. Things like the DirectCloud of DE-CIX could be replaced by a
"BGP-Exchange", where "routers" can sell and order services on their own
and on-demand, for example if the "router" needs suddenly more bits to
AS$X on a cold winter night.

Also a "$IoT" device like a streaming dongle could order and pay by
itself and may book the nearest data-"highway" for a PPV-event.

Jörg