Attacks from poneytelecom.eu

valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu Jan 4 16:12:19 UTC 2018

On Thu, 04 Jan 2018 09:33:51 -0500, William Herrin said:

> Why anyone thinks it's acceptable for the form submission to vanish in to
> the faceless support queue is more of a quandary. The form submission
> should provide a case number, the individual to whom it is assigned, direct
> contact information for that individual and a promise that your report will
> receive a response.

The very real problem with direct contact info is that people latch onto it.
Then, if there's another issue the person will bypass your form submission,
send a direct e-mail - which would then not be dealt with if that particular
person wasn't working, for reasons ranging from vacation to no longer being
with the provider in an abuse desk role.

Been there, done that.  Been out of the country and offline for 36 hours,
reconnect and there's a user with a problem that would have been dealt
with 36 hours earlier if they had sent it to our help desk instead of to me
directly.