Attacks from poneytelecom.eu

Fredrik Korsbäck hugge at nordu.net
Thu Jan 4 08:15:19 UTC 2018

Depends on what "legitimate" means.

We have a decent amount of traffic to the network (like 2Gbps sustained in any afternoon). Its typically a mix of
bittorrent, tor-relay traffic, ftp-transfers and of course the expected scanners, malware-hosts, ddos-bots and such.

For me Poney/Illiad/Online.net/Scaleway has always been a bulletproof hoster (or bulletproof transit even), the response
to abuse has always been NIL. I know tons of my customers just blocks out their whole ip-ranges in their SIP-servers and
email-machines to lessen the white-noise.

However - judging from the Online.net website it atleast seems that they are trying to up their game and look like
something that would be attractive to a legitimate business to consider. On the other hand, looking at
http://as12876.net/  it looks more like something that would rather fit as a place where i put the shady stuff, so not
sure where on the map they fall these days.

>>> https://twitter.com/hashtag/poneytelecom) shows multiple people

--
hugge