AS Numbers unused/sitting for long periods of time

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Tue Jan 2 22:57:02 UTC 2018

Just because a number is NOT VISIBLE on the global Internet, it does NOT mean that it is not IN USE.

This applies to IPv4 addresses, IPv6 addresses and AS numbers.

Apart from legacy IPv4 addresses and legacy AS, these resources require annual payments to maintain the assignment from the RIR.

Mark

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742              INTERNET: marka at isc.org