cogent last night

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Mon Feb 26 18:19:52 UTC 2018

On 2/26/2018 12:21 PM, Aaron Gould wrote:
> No, I Wasn't the only one.  2 other neighboring South Texas ISP's just told
> me they had same packet loss/high latency issues on their cogent connection
> during same time frame.
>
> Anyone know why this occurred and how far reaching it was ?
Interesting, I pick up Cogent in Toronto and saw some sort of issue
between them and sites I pick up out of AS577 (via in Cogent in
Chicago). BGP paths seemed to be there, but traffic dropped to almost
nothing for about 10min. By the time I got online to look, the issue had
resolved.  This was at about 02:05 Eastern to ~ 02:20.  Were they
perhaps doing some big upgrades ?

	---Mike

--
Mike Tancsa, tel +1 519 651 3400 x203