Opensource SNMP Trap Receivers ???

K. Scott Helms kscotthelms at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 13:08:40 UTC 2018

Matthew,

Sadly, open source + SNMP traps != simple.

The simplest option that I've personally used in the past is SNMPTT with
Nagios.

https://paulgporter.net/2013/09/16/nagios-snmp-traps/

http://www.snmptt.org/docs/snmptt.shtml

The main problem is that SNMP traps, like most of SNMP, aren't simple
despite the name.  Having said that it can be done especially if the gear
doesn't change too often.

Scott Helms