Console Servers & Cellular Providers

David Hubbard dhubbard at dino.hostasaurus.com
Wed Feb 7 16:46:48 UTC 2018

Going to depend entirely on the data center.  I've got OpenGear boxes deployed in a variety of places, using Verizon LTE with static IP.  One Level 3 colo I'm in I had to buy a high gain directional antenna to get the signal strength up above -80, where below that you're lucky to get a reasonable SSH experience, but then I'm in a Switch colo in Vegas that has dramatically more customers and equipment,  and I get almost double that signal strength, inside a rack, inside a metal heat chamber, with the built-in antennas.  Just depends on the structure and proximity to a tower I'm guessing.