listserv hosed? [Was: Fwd: nanog.org mailing list memberships reminder]

Måns Nilsson mansaxel at besserwisser.org
Fri Feb 2 18:13:04 UTC 2018

> 1. It's not a listserv.  It's a mailing list.  ListServ is obsolete,
> expensive, closed-source garbage software used exclusively by people
> who don't know any better and like to waste their money.

Butbutbut!

A VM/370 app that still does all internal processing in EBCDIC, even on
POSIX OSes[0], with almost-ascii config files, and that ran very well
on VMS? What is there not to love?

/Måns, former sysop at SEGATE.SUNET.SE
--
Måns Nilsson     primary/secondary/besserwisser/machina
MN-1334-RIPE           SA0XLR            +46 705 989668

[0] Eric Thomas, mr LISTSERV himself, told me this when we were migrating
    that large LISTSERV one dark night 17 years ago.