CenturyLink RCA?

Naslund, Steve SNaslund at medline.com
Mon Dec 31 15:31:51 UTC 2018

They shouldn’t need OOB to operate existing lambdas just to configure new ones.  One possibility is that the management interface also handles master timing which would be a really bad idea but possible (should be redundant and it should be able to free run for a reasonable amount of time).  The main issue exposed is that obviously the management interface is critical and is not redundant enough.  That is if we believe the OOB explanation in the first place (which by the way is obviously not OOB since it wiped out the in band network when it failed).

Steven Naslund
Chicago IL