Pinging a Device Every Second

Christian Meutes christian at errxtx.net
Fri Dec 21 13:41:23 UTC 2018

Depending on your requirements and scale - but I read you want history -
it's probably less a demand on CPU or network resources, but more on IOPS.

If you cache all results before writing to disk, then it's not much of a
problem, but by just going "let's use RRD/MRTG for this" your IOPS could
become the first problem. So you might look into a proper timeseries
backend or use a caching daemon for RRD.

--
Christian Meutes

e-mail/xmpp: christian at errxtx.net
mobile: +49 176 32370305
PGP Fingerprint: B458 E4D6 7173 A8C4 9C75315B 709C 295B FA53 2318
Toulouser Allee 21, 40211 Duesseldorf, Germany