Salesmen: ARIN Records are NOT Leads

Brielle Bruns bruns at 2mbit.com
Wed Dec 19 17:56:03 UTC 2018

On 12/19/2018 9:58 AM, Rich Kulawiec wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 09:49:29AM -0700, Brielle Bruns wrote:
>> Every time I post to NANOG, I get multiple LinkedIn link requests or e-mails
>> about selling my excess gear.  It's getting old real quick.
>
> I recommend:
>
> 	Connect:linkedin.com	ERROR:5.7.1:"550 Mail refused"
> 	From:linkedin.com	ERROR:5.7.1:"550 Mail refused"
>
> Salt to taste for your environment/MTA, but since the spammers running
> LinkedIn seem very unlikely to stop, this appears to be the optimal
> way to conserve bandwidth and time.
>
> ---rsk

Except you know, those of us who actually use LinkedIn for professional
contacts and all.  I don't mind connecting with people as long as I've
actually talked with you before on some professional level.

It does have some nice features for connecting on a business level, just
people are abusing the shit out of it.
--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org