How to choose a transport(terrestrial/subsea)

James Breeden James at arenalgroup.co
Tue Dec 18 14:48:49 UTC 2018

I can't stress enough the importance of controlling your own route and even cable diversity. Require KMZs of the routes for any services you take (especially single path Wave type services). Put them in the contracts if you can.

I've had at least 1 situation where we had vendor diversity and what was supposed to be route diversity- 3 separate waves coming south and southeast out of a datacenter to 3 separate cities. Imagine my surprise when we took a outage one day that severed all 3 circuits. Yes all 3 circuits, going to 3 separate cities, on 3 separate carrier/s DWDM platforms, all happened to show up in the same sheath of cable at one location that happened to experience backhoe fade. Was not a good day....

James W. Breeden

Managing Partner

[logo_transparent_background]

Arenal Group: Arenal Consulting Group | Acilis Telecom | Pines Media

PO Box 1063 | Smithville, TX 78957