Pinging a Device Every Second

Baldur Norddahl baldur.norddahl at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 01:21:13 UTC 2018

Hi

Customers do not usually complain about 2 minutes of downtime unless it is
a repeating event. We will therefore offer such customers to put their line
on monitor mode, which means we will add them to smokeping. You could also
start the ping once a second thing, which would be no problem if it is only
a few customers on monitor mode.

However 2 minutes of downtime is a symptom of bad wifi more often than the
internet connection.

Regards,

Baldur