How to choose a transport(terrestrial/subsea)

Mike Hammett nanog at ics-il.net
Sat Dec 15 19:30:05 UTC 2018

I haven't.

Sure, but the equipment still does smaller channels. Going to 100G or 400G for just over 10G seems silly.

If Equinix had reasonable cross connects, I'd just LAG 10Gs. The cost of a pair of Equinix cross connects isn't much less than the 10G wave. Thankfully I'm only in one datacenter with such a ridiculous model.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions

Midwest Internet Exchange