How to choose a transit provider?

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Sat Dec 15 17:44:48 UTC 2018

On 15/Dec/18 19:37, nanog-isp at mail.com wrote:

>   I certainly subscribe to the notion that transport + transit is usually less expensive than DIA, but this does depend on the market and location.

... and the type of customer.

DIA for a high-value "Enterprise" customer (think of a large
conglomerate) is typically more costly than DIA for a low-value
"Enterprise" customer (think of a family-owned travel & tour company).
The large global ISP's are making more money from "enterprise" business
than typical wholesale/transit services. This can support the idea that
DIA can be pricier than transit.

Mark.