How to choose a transit provider?

Karsten Elfenbein karsten.elfenbein at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 18:55:27 UTC 2018

Some points I have not seen so far are:
- how do you connect? local cc in the dc or several other fiber runs
to reach a different dc/city? (affects price, setup time, maintenance
and debugging)
- where is your traffic going to/from? how many intermediate ASs or
long transfers are involved?
- bgp community support to influence routing (including the already
mentioned blackhole)
- flowspec support
- additional services like ddos mitigation
- how many ports/locations per committed bandwidth
- your own experience with the company (sales/support)
- I assume IPv6 support does not need to be mentioned anymore :)

Karsten