Auto-configuring IPv6 transition mechanisms on customer devices

Brandon Martin lists.nanog at monmotha.net
Fri Dec 14 16:16:58 UTC 2018

Are there any (draft, standard, or otherwise) defined mechanisms for
indicating to customer-provided devices that they should configure IPv6
to IPv4 transition mechanisms such as MAP, 4rd, 464XLAT, etc. and
providing the configuration details thereof?

I'm not aware of any.  It seems like this is something that, if defined,
would make deployment of such mechanisms a lot easier even if SPs
provide the customer edge router that implements said mechanisms.  I
guess they'd probably be implemented as extensions to DHCPv6 or similar
or embedded in RAs (the latter seems ugly).
--
Brandon Martin