Extending network over a dry pair

Marshall, Quincy Quincy.Marshall at reged.com
Thu Dec 13 00:29:26 UTC 2018

I used to take “dry pairs” or “alarm circuits” and take SDSL modems to create high bandwidth ( up to 10Mbps, relative to the time) circuits. They were very reliable and incredibly cheap (@$22-88/mo). Regional bell at the time (or at least in my area) would make it difficult to order. Had to find the order codes.

Looks like these new units are updates to what was around, but they were very testy on line quality/distance. the first rule … ‘no load’. Suggest trying the water in the shallow end first.

LQ Marshall