Enterprise GPON / Zhone Questions

Baldur Norddahl baldur.norddahl at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 22:13:57 UTC 2018

Many 1U GPON OLT switches have 16 OLT ports and each port can have up to
128 ONT. This gives you 2048 ONT in one unit for the OLT. Typical power is
less than 200 watt.

Each ONT has 4 or more ethernet ports. So multiply with that. You could
have a small campus on just one unit of OLT. On the other hand, I am not
sure you will actually save any power as the ONTs also need power and they
are many.

Regards
Baldur