Should ISP block child pornography?

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Wed Dec 12 00:21:43 UTC 2018

On 12/11/18 11:43 AM, Larry Allen wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 11, 2018, 10:56 William Anderson <neuro at well.com wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 7 Dec 2018 at 06:08, Lotia, Pratik M <Pratik.Lotia at charter.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all, was curious to know the community’s opinion on whether an ISP
>>> should block domains hosting CPE (child pornography exploitation) content?
>>> Interpol has a ‘worst-of’ list which contains such domains and it wants
>>> ISPs to block it.
>>>

>> This already happens in the UK, and has done for years.
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_abuse_image_content_list

> I can't imagine a single rational argument against this.

I've fixed your broken quoting.

The simple argument against this; once a system is in place to block cp, it
can be used for other things.  Don't like a political party? lets add it as
extreme "speech" to the list, then we can add AR-15 3d plans and it goes down
from there.

--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice