A few GPON questions...

Nick Bogle nick at bogle.se
Tue Dec 11 20:15:42 UTC 2018

The cost analysis was already done. The cost is around 10% less. The
implications are there is no redundancy, lacking capacity, costs were not
factored in for BBUs on every ONT like should have been spec'd out for
emergency phone lines, etc. After that was done management said to suck it
up and make it work. Unfortunately we're beyond stuck with it at this point
as the second building is already under construction and the first
buildings grand opening is January 1st.