A few GPON questions...

Baldur Norddahl baldur.norddahl at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 18:19:59 UTC 2018

tir. 11. dec. 2018 19.03 skrev Ben Cannon <ben at 6by7.net>:

> Sure but I can fit quite a lot of fiber in very little space. eg an 864 is
> approx 1” dia.

Working with that much fiber is expensive. Too much work at each splice
point. Huge inflexible cables. Expensive machinery to blow the fiber.

Compare that to blowing a 24f cable of 4 mm into a 6 mm id and 10 mmu od
duct. You can carry 24 times 128 users on that. Much more than the 25 mm
monster cable running p2p.

On top of that the multiduct has 12 of the smaller 10 mm subducts. You can
blow additional cables as needed.

Granted I have only worked with outside plant delivering FTTH. But I don't
see why not for a campus.

Regards
Baldur