A few GPON questions...

Chris Gross CGross at ninestarconnect.com
Tue Dec 11 15:50:58 UTC 2018

How to deploy with Zhone is to put it in the garbage. I have more than enough horror stories from the provider side of things and enough of their TAC literally screaming at me because I called out of regular hours how my problems are physical fiber issues when it never is. They’ve also caused an 18 hour outage “Just trying to do some quick database cleanup” which worked, if you count wiping it as cleaning. Their GUI for ZMS is awful and their TAC doesn’t even know how to use it. It’s effectively a dead product. Their #1 issue has always been their support but nothing ever seems to improve and I saw a lot of support managers keep rotating in and out while their actual engineers ever changed back when I paid attention.