Should ISP block child pornography?

bzs at theworld.com bzs at theworld.com
Sat Dec 8 22:41:13 UTC 2018

On December 8, 2018 at 19:41 hank at efes.iucc.ac.il (Hank Nussbacher) wrote:
 > Governments that require ISPs to block "certain" sites have no clue what is
 > required technologically to adhere to their demands.

Well that's certainly true.

Australia just passed a law mandating decryption be made available to
law enforcement simply ignoring the many technical explanations about
why we don't know how to do this without compromising security
entirely.

I've often said if a judge in their court orders you to raise your
left foot in the air you would be well-advised to lift that foot.

If the judge orders you to also raise your right foot the judge
doesn't have a problem, YOU have a problem.

--
        -Barry Shein