GTT Regulatory Recovery Surcharge

Martin List-Petersen martin at airwire.ie
Mon Dec 3 14:33:47 UTC 2018

We have CenturyLink, Cogent, NTT and Viatel in the mix for IP transit.

CenturyLink and Cogent are unproblematic, unless you change something
(like upgrading a circuit).

Cogent will fix billing issues quickly, but they do crop up.

CenturyLink is not very communicative. Can't fault the service, but
their billing department is a mess.

We've had Viatel for years without much issues. They are an european Tier 2.

NTT only just enabled their PoP where we haul our backhaul from, so time
will show. But they've been very proactive.

We used to have PacketExchange, but left them because they were a mess.
They were taken over by or merged with GTT eventually. We moved to
Tiscali back then, which became TInet and then changed name 2 more times
before they got swallowed up by GTT. So we ended up where we started ..
including all the problems that came with it.

Connectivity was solid enough, once you didn't have to deal with them.
But when they increased our monthly pricing, which already was on the
higher scale of what we pay in the mix ... we told them to go away.

Kind regards,
Martin List-Petersen
Airwire Ltd.