IPv6 Management

Justin Wilson lists at mtin.net
Thu Aug 23 17:14:58 UTC 2018

	We were having an interesting debate on IPV6 management on layer2 devices.  Does anyone have a best practice document they have seen for utilizing v6 Management addresses? I know Cisco has some extensive documentation on using v6 on their wireless products.

	I know everyone has thoughts so am interested in any best practices which have been presented to the community.  I haven’t worried about management access on layer2 devices, as long as the layer2 devices can pass any cast, multicast, and other things v6 needs.  However, I could see why you would want v6 management addresses.

	And go….

Justin Wilson
j2sw at mtin.net

www.mtin.net