optical circulator as a bidirectional one fiber solution

Eric Kuhnke eric.kuhnke at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 17:49:11 UTC 2018

Something that is broadly the same as a coherent 100G QPSK single
wavelength optical module, but in two different frequencies, and a passive
CWDM mux/demux prism at each end might work. The limitation would be
availability of optics for a modern 100G MSA that are both coherent and
Tx/Rx at two different THz frequencies.

Or with some box and vendor equipment in between, such as:

http://cdn.extranet.coriant.com/resources/Application-Notes/AN_Groove_Bidirectional_Fiber_74C0169.pdf?mtime=20180206023321