Dedicated Server and IP anycast provider recommendation

John Kristoff jtk at depaul.edu
Mon Aug 13 15:02:57 UTC 2018

On Mon, 13 Aug 2018 12:31:44 +0000
Étienne via NANOG <nanog at nanog.org> wrote:

> Not sure you're still looking for something, but there's this
> spreadsheet that has a few pointers: http://bgp.services/

Thanks again.  This is at least the third time someone has pointed this
web page out to me.  :-)

To summarize, NetActuate and Packet were two of the most commonly
suggested providers and probably the closest to what I was asking for.

Some well known providers can do this, but don't have a specific web
page / service offering describing it as a standard product offering.

Many others, such as the often mentioned Vultr, require you to bring
your own BGP speaker and prefix.

What I was asking for isn't a popular, mass-marketed product offering,
but is available.  It just requires some research and careful
evaluation.

I think I"m familiar many hosting providers, especially the so-called
low-end/cost providers for an entirely separate project. I'm always
interested in those too, but not specifically for their ability to
speak BGP.  I maintain my own list here of providers I use here:

  <https://github.com/dataplane/serverhosting>

Follow ups about that list are best sent to me directly or at that page
directly.

Thanks for all the on/off list replies and suggestions.

John